Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Classic

Check this classic out! Steve Blazek, a friend of mine from North Fargo has asked me about the possibility of tuning up his old road bike a number of times. Of course I said bring it over any time and we will look at it. Well, Steve brought it over the other night and said "it's yours". Sweet. I knew it was a cool ride from the stories told but I did not realize that it was a classic Schwinn Super Sport race bike. Back in the day, Steve rode it hard, he has the chain ring scars to prove it.
I spent an hour cleaning it up, re-lubed the head set and rode down to pick Matt up at the pool. 30+ years old and it rides like a dream. I need to convince Steve that he should swing a leg over the top tube again and start riding.

No comments: