Friday, July 10, 2009

Twins Game

For Father's Day this year we gave my Dad tickets to a Twins game down in Minneapolis.  Day game with the Yankee's, July 9th.  We made our way up to 8th Crow Wing Lake after the Under the Lights swim meet at Island Park Pool - yee haa!  Hammering down lake roads at midnight was fun.  Plan was to leave first thing from the lake for the Cities with plenty of time to make the game.
I am a big fan of fenders.  This beauty was chained to a pole a block away from the Metrodome.  Nice!
Good seats down the 3rd base line, lower level.  Not too many steps for my Dad to go down and up, all was good to go.
Based loaded with Yankee's who won the game 6 - 4 sweeping the Twins in 3 games.  I am not much of a baseball fan, but really did enjoy the game.
Of course we ate our share of ballpark food.  It is hard to resist!
We drove down in style taking my Dads 97 Caddy that he has had since day one.  Sweeeeet ride.  Even cooler with a couple of mountain bikes on the back.  For security measures we pulled the bikes from the rack and put one in the trunk and one in the back seat without any problems.
The reasons for the bikes was to race the weekly series event at Buck Hill down in Burnsville.  After fighting the traffic after the game, Matt and I were just in time and ready to go.
Huge field of I would guess over 100 riders.  I have raced this course before and knew there were plenty of ups and downs which did not disappoint.  Not too technical, but dusty and a lot of traffic.
Matt made his way in front of me going into the single track only to flat not once, but twice.  I was proud of him that he did not throw in the towel and finished the race.  He was none too happy about his results, but I know he had fun none the less.
I had a good race.  Of course I started too slow and had to pass a lot of people, but was happy with how things came together.  Did not have time to stick around for the results so I cannot report on that, but can say that if the stars align up right I would like to race this weekly event again before the summer is over.
We made our way back to 8th Crow Wing in time to get a good nights sleep, wake up and spend half the day out on the lake.  Matt and Ben horsing around on the float toys.
It was a good deal to get my Dad out and about and hope to do it again soon.  Looking forward to seeing the new Twins ball diamond next season, Dad will need to see it for sure.

No comments: