Kriston and Matt took a road trip down to Rapid City SD over the weekend to check out the School of Mines and Technology. Matt is very interested in Engineering and has to make up his mind soon as to where he would really like to go. Lots to think about and go through before he signs the dotted line. A couple more school visits before he has to commit. More on all that serious stuff later when things shake out.
Matt and Kriston had some time to scope out Rapid City and went and found a couple of rocks for Matt to crawl on. Both Matt and Ben have gotten seriously into rock climbing which means the correct gear and hardware. It sounds like an excellent and challenging workout.....Matt already stole my harness I might have to steal it back.
Saturday morning, Ben and I ran the not sure what annual Red River Run held at the Bluestem Center for the Arts in Moorhead. Ben ran the 5k, I ran the 15k. I checked out the course layout on line and was a bit concerned just looking at it but it was a great course and was very well organized. Prefect morning for a race - crisp and cool with light wind. I ran the whole race side by side with Tom Clow. Tom and I have run what seems like thousands of miles together and I am sure that we will run at least a thousand more.
Saturday evening there was a crazy event in downtown Fargo called an Alley Cat bike race. I had heard of them before but had not clue what to expect. There were at least 30 riders milling around the Island Park Gazebo when I arrived. There were people of all shapes and sizes with many different styles of bikes.
The rules were easy. You were given a check point and you had to get there on bike via any route that you choose. At each checkpoint you were given an item that you had to carry with you and turn in at the last check point. Breakin the law, breakin the law - crazy bike adventure through Fargo where few rules were acknowledged. I rode my single speed which was a bad choice as there were plenty of areas that I would have liked to open it up, draft and haul a bit more ass. One check point required the eating of two hot dogs in a bun and slamming a Hamms beer keeping the can as proof that you stopped. The last check was a raw egg that you had to get back to the finish without breaking.
Big Mike throwing down the rules and giving out the first check point. What an excellent event. Now I kind of know what to expect and will for sure be at the next one.
Kriston and Matt made the long trip home just in time for the Fargo North cross country banquet at 1pm.
Matts last season with the Fargo North Spartans. Matt pictured here with coach Mailloux. Ben still has three years to compete which is a good deal as Kriston and I would not know what to do if we were not chasing around golf coursed in the Fall.
Went for a night bike ride at MB Johnson Park this evening. Deer everywhere in the open field! I have a bright head light and you could see dozens of eyes everywhere. Kind of a creepy feeling as they were not moving very quick, must not have thought I was a threat. Happy Halloween.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment