Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No Snow Yet

The Fall weather continues to be way too nice.  Since August things have been dry and more or less predictable.  All of the long range forecasts have promised that things will change but I am not seeing it and now it is the middle of November and just a couple of flurries have been tempting me into dreams of a decent snow fall.
I have not posted much the last couple of weeks.  It is not the lack of things going on but the lack of motivation.  Maybe I should revert back to the first paragraph and blame it on the lack of snow.  I know we have a lot of winter yet so I will remain hopeful for at least a some what normal winter.

Matt and Ben are swimming full time for the FMY Gators.  There is a big swim meet this weekend in Fargo that both will be participating in. I will for sure make it to the Friday night events, but......Saturday is the MN State CX Championships down in Mpls.  I have the blessing from Kriston to go, just need to make the arrangements to get it done.  State CX is always a good event - my racing has been limited this fall but being on scene should be worth the trip.

Last weekend I took advantage of a very nice afternoon and went for a long gravel road ride south of Fargo.
From left, Linda Cooper, John Struchy, Matt Engen and Chad Weisgram.  We headed south down 25th street in Fargo and went all the way to the Comstock road.  Big loop was almost 30 miles and 90% gravel.  Flat as a pancake but nice none the less.  Lots of roads that I have never been on before.
Minimum maintenance roads were our target.  Most roads intersect something so we did not have to turn around and back track even once. Excellent ride and a beautiful afternoon.

Ben always waving the flag for Fargo North High. This shot was taken at the girls EDC swim meet at the new Davis High pool.  Both Matt and Ben supported the girls team as much as the could this year.  Swimmers are a tight bunch with most of the kids knowing and swimming with each other since they were in grade school.

Ben taking advantage of the afternoon for some slack lining.  Every time Matt and Ben jump on this set up they get better.  I would like to see them do it in their bare feet a week from now.

Yes, the weather is changing.  Temps have dropped and sound like they will continue to drop throughout the rest of the week.  If all else fails, I will be getting a call from Jay Richards at Maplelag asking for the Wenzel boys in Fargo to run around our house in our under ware.  That always seems to help make it snow.

Cheers!

No comments: