Watch out Fargo Moorhead, Ben passed the test....he is now proudly in possession of a ND Learners Permit. Ben can ride bike like a pro, now he has to figure 4 wheels out. Sounds like a good excuse to practice driving in the woods and gravel roads. Good job Ben!
Craig Lemieux and I went down to Minneapolis last Wednesday to celebrate Craig's son Pat's pro fund raiser party. It is tough to support yourself while training and racing your bike all over the country. Events like this help fund the hardships associated with making ends meet. It was a pleasure to be invited and participate, well worth the time and drive. Lots of good like minded people that support Pat whole heartedly. Pat is living the dream and doing a fine job racing his bike at a professional level. I have known Pat since he was a baby and am very proud of his efforts.
A new bike added to the arsenal. A brand new Salsa Mukluk 2! Just what we need is another bike but boy this one is cool. I commute all winter and this bike will offer me the option to ride in measurable snow. Now that Matt, Ben and I all ride the same size bike with minimal seat adjustment it will get used for sure.....there, justifiable reasons to own another bike! I will continue to report on the gucci parts that get added and how well the Mukluk handles in the snow.
Matt's last Fargo North cross country race was Saturday at Rose Creek Golf Course in Fargo. Absolute perfect conditions - sunny, cool and calm. North Dakota Class A and Class B boys and girls races. Check out the Fargo Forum article by clicking here. Man are those kids fast! I have said it before, if you get a chance to take in a cross country event, do it.
Matt and Fargo North had a great season. Matt is out but Ben has three years left and has shown big time improvement. Matt had a blast his whole high school running career, what a great sport.
I ignored the "to do" list on Sunday and took advantage of the weather for a long gravel road ride in and around the gravel roads of Rollag, MN. Steve Wentz, John Struchinski, Linda Cooper and John Weisengerber (the clown in the photo) enjoyed a perfectly nice day. You would not believe how beautiful this part of the country is. Well groomed gravel roads set up on rolling hills. Struchy and LC knew the route, I just hung in the pack and took in all of the sights. I am still lacking a cyclo cross race this season, but rides like this ebbed the need. Check out the Garmin stats by clicking below.
Rollag Gravel 9/23/2011 by wenz513 at Garmin Connect - Details
Monday, October 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Nice Score on the Mukluk!! Jealous!
Post a Comment