Monday, October 10, 2011

Wind

Windy and hot is not how the weather should be this time of year.  Last week was 5 straight days of 80+ degrees and strong SE winds, not for me.  Things finally settled down Saturday with minimal winds and cooler temps.  Hopefully we can get on with normal fall weather.

Saturday morning, the 7th annual Pumpkin Run up at Maplelag.  Check out skinnyski.com for all kinds of photos and the results.  I am not positive, but I have participated in this event most of the 7 years.  The majority of my competitive running this summer has been on the trails.  I have raced hundreds of road races in the past 25 years and can seriously appreciate the change of running in the woods or prairie.  Adds a whole new dimension to the competition.
Good friend Lars Ellefson took the 8k mens division while Jenny Aune was the first women to cross the line.  As usual, the Richard's family put on a good show.

I had to blast from the Pumpkin race early as I had to get back to Fargo for the Eastern Dakota Conference cross country meet held at MB Johnson Park. Fargo North was the event sponsor which meant that Kriston was the big deal with concessions and keeping things organized.
Perfect running weather and as I have said in the past I get into watching cross country and all the fast kids from the region ripping it up.  Matt and Ben ran the Varsity race and are both looking forward to the state meet held in Fargo October 22.  A couple of weeks and the season is done - wow does time fly.

Sorry, no photos this week.  Check out Skinnyski - lots of cross racing and event coverage from all over the upper midwest.

No comments: