Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy

Crazy busy at work....better I guess than the alternative and it is not all that bad this time of year.
Was able to sneak away for a quick road trip down to Mpls to watch Matt, Ben and the Fargo North High swim team rip it up for two swim meets.  Nice pool in Buffalo, MN.  Saturday, Fargo North took on Shakopee, Hudson WI and Buffalo with FN taking home the win.
All of the Dad's appreciated the Power Point scoring on the wall.  Gave us all an idea to bring it home to the FN pool.  Really worked well during diving.  Diving always makes me sleepy but watching the scores tally keeps it interesting.
Good group of kids and it is fun to get out of town once in awhile and swim against a team that you do not know that much about.
On Sunday afternoon, Great Northern Bike Company held a winter bike race down on and around the trails by the Red River.  63 riders participated which is crazy considering that many people braved the cold temps and rode on an icy bike trail.  Jeremy Christianson and crew did a nice job preparing the course and getting things organized.  Check out the link on Valley New Live, channel 11 by clicking here.  Good coverage for a local event.
The rider of this bike actually did the race.  I was a bit concerned as I was heading into one of the drops by the river so I passed him to make sure but took a quick glance and he made the decent without a problem.  Ben and I have to make a bike like this, would be cool to cruise to Hornbacher's this summer.
Of course Matt Engen, fellow Team Maplelag rider participated.  Matt and I waved the flag for our team proudly and received lots of compliments on our team kits.  Both Matt and I are anticipating a great 2011 mountain bike season.

The temps dropped like a rock again today along with light snow and wind.  Sounds like it will rebound by the middle of this week, all good.

No comments: