Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Definitely locked into winter.  The boys did not have a swim meet last weekend and it was flat out cold so the trend for the past 10 days was on the down low.  
The winter of 2009/2010 was mild enough or at least lacked the ice to allow me to ride a minimum of one day a week throughout the winter.  
Not the winter of 2010/2011.  Last week was the first week in over a year and a half that I did not ride my bike once.  I was able to run and ski, but not clicking into my pedals is hard on my mental state.  I do not have a problem with the cold temps, you can work through that.  I do have a problem with the bad roads, high snow banks and overall rough biking conditions.  I have been looking at a Surly Pugsley bike that would more or less be a specific winter ride.
Not sure of its practicality and it would be even cooler if it was a 29er, but I will keep my eyes open for a good deal.  You never know.

Stay warm.

4 comments:

JIM said...

Hey Steve, These bike sure would make it a litte easier to get around in these snowy conditions. Seen one of these at mpl craigs list. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/2161148472.html

T.Schmitz said...

Steve, check out the Salsa Mukluk. It lets you convert it to a 29er I think? See you on the trails...

Tom Clow said...

I've been lusting after a Pugs all winter! Would love to have one.

Tom Clow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.