Monday, February 7, 2011

Jay Richards at Maplelag sent out a message a couple of weeks ago saying that he had a big cancelation for the weekend of Feb. 5/6.  Kriston's birthday was on January 31 and she loves Maplelag so we called some friends and all of a sudden we had a quick two day stay reserved for skiing and relaxation at Maplelag!
The Clow's including Ander's, Lemieux's, JP and the Roches joined us for the great food and skiing.  Other then Kriston and I, all of the folks were new to Maplelag.  Everyone skied, ate, sat in the sauna, took the icy plunge in the lake and figured things out quickly.
Craig and I skied our butts off in the two days.  We typically day ski at Maplelag and got spoiled fast at being able to park our skis against a building and not have to haul home right away.  In addition, we hit the weather just about perfect.  For me it was a one layer deal instead of the two or three that I have been use to wearing the last month.  Skiing in the warmth was a plus.
I wore my Garmin 305 and reset for each ski.  Here are the totals for the two days:
Total distance - 58.19k (36.19 miles)
Total time - 5:09:22 hours
Avg HR - 120.75 BPM
In round numbers, we skied 10k Saturday morning, 22k Saturday afternoon, 10k early Sunday morning and 15k Sunday before lunch.
Jay Richard's is a busy guy but he made his way out and met us for 6k of skiing on Sunday.  Jay and I communicate on a regular basis but rarely get the chance to ski or bike together.  Capped off the weekend nicely.

No comments: