Saturday, January 2, 2010

I was skeptical when I made my way down to the Y this morning considering that the temperature was a -25 degrees below. If there was a positive side of things it would have been that the wind was calm.
We ran for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Due to the cold, none of us were wearing electronics so I am not certain of the total distance but we estimated it was just under 8 miles.
If you are dressed right all goes well. I have noticed over the years that after about 45 minutes in extreme cold your body shunts blood from your core out to your extremities which leads to warm fingers but you end up with a cold stomach. Neat how the body works to keep you warm.
In the photo all frosted up are myself, Dave Breznay, John Peterson and Brian Z.
Happy New Year!