Friday, January 29, 2010

An ice storm that was suppose to be 8 - 12 inches of snow rolled through Fargo last weekend. Kind of a bummer as it more or less killed the opportunity to commute to work via bike. I gave it an honest try one day but was on the edge of the saddle most of the way. Too many icy ruts and what not that will point your bike in a direction not intended. Studded tires or not it is a creepy feeling not knowing how your bike is going to react. In addition, I am defensive big time in sharing the road with cars but it is to the point of stupidity in even trying.
So, I have strapped what we call "four wheel drive" for our running shoes on my feet. 6 carbide tips embedded in rubber that wrap around the edge of your shoes. I have used them for years and appreciate the effective way in which they work. First time that I have had to use them was this week. For those of us who live in this part of the country it is the only way to fly on ice covered pavement.

No comments: