It was 25 degrees warmer this morning then it was last Sunday morning so I played the "I would rather be thinking about church while skiing then thinking about skiing while at church" card and left first thing Sunday for Maplelag. Conditions could not have been better. For those of you who are familiar with Maplelag, I skied Roy's Run, North Loop, Rootin Tootin, Mother North Star, Lucky's Loppet and Sap Run. Other then a couple quick stops for a drink I did not slow down until I got back to the wax room - whew, I was whooped. One of those nice days that I could have skied forever. I ran long yesterday morning in -18 degrees and paid the price by freezing a couple spots on my face. For sure some skin loss on my nose and cheeks. My face has been burned so many times that I am sure that the cells are damaged beyond repair, not good. The warmer temps today were a nice change, no face mask and one complete less layer. Scheduled to be warmer all week which is a good thing.
Kriston suffered the loss of her bother Chad Fosmark this last week, January 1st, 38 years old - bummer. Chad was a good guy. All that knew him liked his kind demeanor and great sense of humor. Tough week taking care of the required duties along with being sad. Kriston appreciates all of the support of friends and family.
Rest in peace Chad!
No comments:
Post a Comment