Sunday, December 27, 2009

Last week the media and the weather guys were anticipating a winter storm that was going to inundate the Midwest over the Christmas holidays. I knew it was going to screw up a lot of plans with families and what not but I was really hoping that we would get at least a portion of what was fore casted. Well, it is Sunday evening and the storm has blown itself out leaving 17 inches of snow in its path! I cleared snow all weekend doing what I could to help families that were out of town for the holiday. My new snow blower defiantly got a workout.
Plenty of snow for all winter activities is now here. My skis are ready to go! From reading Jay Richard's page up at Maplelag, long hours on the groomer was how he spent his Christmas. With the long New Year's weekend coming up I will be making a couple of trips that way for certain.
Check out my new pickup. 1994 GMC with only 80,000 miles on the odometer! My neighbor Randy across the street takes extremely good care of all his stuff. I had mentioned to him last summer to let me know when he was going to sell. Now it is in my driveway, nice! It was tough to let the F150 go, but I sold it to Al Kraft so it went to a good guy that will take care of it and use it like it should be used.

No comments: