
Out for a couple of adult beverages with some good friends Saturday night. Tom and Tracy
Clow who I have mentioned numerous times, Gary Fisher on the left and his brother Dick on the right. Of course that is my beautiful wife
Kriston with a big smile on her face.

I spent the majority of the weekend putting together my new urban
assault weapon, a spanking new Trek
XO2. I had been riding my original
Trek XO1 for 10 years. I estimate that there was well over 30,000 miles on it with the majority of the miles pounded on in the city. My old Trek had formed a crack in the frame down at the bottom bracket. The outcome from Trek was a new frame that I had been sitting on since last summer.

I am a fan of using fenders on my commuting bike. There are no excuses not to ride if it is raining and things stay a lot drier. The new frame does not have a braze on for a fender mount on the rear seat stays. I came up with using a couple of nylon electrical cable holders that worked prefect! Fenders are excellent if they don't rattle around going over bumps.
Maiden voyage was with an allen wrench set for on the fly adjustments down to the DQ with Matt and Ben. I must have taken my time setting it up because everything was tight and it shifted perfect. The real test will be the first commute tomorrow.
1 comment:
Your XO2 is a sweet ride, very sanitary setup on the fender mounts!
Post a Comment