Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to Work

Saturday AM - Matt and Ben were the second guys in line ready to head up the mountain prior to the lifts opening at 9. I hate to say it, but I had it handed to me by both boys all weekend long. Ben improved by leaps and bounds from last year and was able to keep up with Matt on all runs. It got to the point where I readjusted my bindings to Matt's weight and let him use my high end boots and skis. I felt that I skied just as smooth and fast as I have in the past, but Matt and Ben are young and ski that much smoother and faster.
Thought of Jay Richard's when this big guy rolled through. I wanted to drive in a big way.
Re conditioner laid down a sweet corduroy.
Matt taking a break on one of the runs that lead down to the Palisades lift. The groups of runs that lead to this lift are typically closed, but with the pounding of snow received at RLM, everything was wide open.
I would say that Matt and Ben took less then 1/2 hour break total for both days. They definitely used their lift tickets to full advantage.
After skiing Saturday we opted to drive half way to Medora which shortens the trip home on Sunday.
A successful trip for sure - utilizing almost every minute of every day. Looking forward to next year.
Water going over I94 east of Valley City, ND. Valley City is getting hit hard by flood waters. The snow pack dropped drastically in just the four days since we drove through on the way west. Spring in ND is so unpredictable.

No comments: