I took
Kriston to the airport last Thursday in a snow storm so that she could jump on a plane with a group of old high school friends for a quick getaway to Cancun. I received a text that she made it to Chicago and that the plane was on time getting down there, but that is it. So, I am hoping that she had some major relaxation time where she forgot about everything. I will do what I can to convince her to write her own post on her adventure.

Matt is swimming his third year for Fargo North. Every season before the
EDC (Eastern Dakota Conference) swim meet there is a ritual of dying your hair bright white. Matt has not gotten his hair cut since before the season started which makes him look that much "cooler". Between the chlorine and the hair dye he looks like a mop. Ben wanted to get involved too so he had me cut his hair "short".
Kriston will love this when she gets home. West Fargo put the hurt on the other three teams including Fargo North for
EDC champs. The State Meet is this up coming weekend - the ritual before the big meet is to cut all of your hair off. You bet I will get a photo.

Matt in the middle of his 500 free. The team is tapering this week before the state meet.

Long run with Mike
Astrup Saturday morning. We pounded out 10 miles at a 7:45 pace. I was very happy considering the -10 degrees and -28 degree wind chill.

Piper the Dog tracks through the fresh snow.
I did not get a chance to make Maplelag this weekend, but did ski Edgewood for the first time in two weeks with Craig Lemieux. The conditions were the best that they have been all year. You could feel the ice under the fresh groom which made it very fast. The ski season is touch and go from here on out depending on how the weather turns.
I will not be able to ski the Lotvolla Cup race at Maplelag due to the State Swim Meet - next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment