Sunday, July 20, 2008

Never a dull moment!

This is the last weekend with no racing. Next weekend we are off to Duluth and the weekend after that we are in Aberdeen, SD. It has been a nice break, but we are ready to get back into it. Looking at the calendar, the open weekends going forward are few and far between. This last weekend the whole family was home and we made the most of it. Saturday night at the Red Hawks. Perfect weather, lots of laughs.

We rode our bikes everywhere this weekend. I totalled all my miles this week and it was 210 miles plus. I figured 100 miles commuting around Fargo and over 100 miles at a 20 mph average on the country roads around Fargo. Along with a 10 mile run Saturday morning I had a great week of training. Hope it helps when it counts racing this weekend.
Went someplace that I had never been before this weekend. Kevin Fitz is a car guy and mentioned that he was going to Interstate Dragway east of Moorhead. Matt, Ben and I were kind of open so we joined the Fitz family for some excellent entertainment. All of the tuned up cars and motorcycles that you see ripping around the city go out there and beat on their equipment. If it had a motor on it, it was racing - snow mobiles, old cars, new cars, even a Dodge pickup. We all had a blast
This guy had his front suspension pulled down with cargo straps to keep his front end lower. He ripped on that bike. Once he got it rolling he flew down the 1/4 mile track. I have to bring Craig Lemieux out there. Craig would get as much of a kick out of it as I did.

No comments: