Thursday, July 31, 2008

I grew up with a moving sprinkler like this although my Dad's was a newer model that made many laps around his lawn. We noticed this classic close to downtown Fargo. The boys and I mentioned it a couple of times in passing so I thought that it would be worth a photo. As you can see, this one is off of the hose but still doing its job. I can remember having an in-line shut off valve that turned the water off when it pushed the lever as it moved up the hose. If you were on a newer lawn and the hose being pulled behind was too long it would start digging into the lawn and get stuck eventually stopping the sprinkler head from going around which resulted in failure.
Big going's on at the Dick Beardsley Running Company last night. Dick was in town from Texas and there was a 5 mile run for the Dick Beardsley Foundation. I would guess that there were over 150 runners racing in the heat of the day for an excellent cause. Kriston helped with registration, Matt and Ben were out marshaling on the course and I was the lead bike. I typically run these events, but since it was for the DBRC I was obligated to help which is fine. Dick and this younger kid started strong and pulled away from the group right away. Dick who is in his early 50's is still very fit and reeled this WF cross country runner in at mile 3.6. I was very impressed and was proud to escort Dick Beardsley to the finish line at 29:30 for the win. Dick Beardsley is the kind of guy that always has something nice to say about everyone. I am honored to be associated with him.

No comments: