Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beers in the backyard with the Fisher brothers - from the left, Skip, Dick and Gary Fisher. Tuesday evenings have turned into a beer and conversation or should I say lie telling evening. We have been switching off backyards all summer between the four of us with a couple of other North Fargo guys that show up. So far the weather has been good, the mosquitoes have been minimal and the stories a plenty. The Heineken keg was finally tapped - thanks Jay Richard's. FM Gators Under the Lights swim meet last night at Island Park Pool in downtown Fargo. Another fine evening with a lot of swimmers and good times. This meet will be Matt and Ben's last of the long course season. One more week in the pool and then they are done until the short course season starts up October 1st. Not sure what the boys will do to stay in shape, but I can tell you that they will have most of the month of August to just "hang". Is that a good thing?
A swim meet under the lights is a cool idea. Low key, everyone has a good time.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the Tour De France. I have all of the stages saved on DVR but have not had a chance to watch them. I do follow what is going on and am able to hold an intelligent conversation about it, but there is nothing better then watching it - those guys are tough.
Jay and Jake Richards are back from out East after racing for two weeks. We will see them in Duluth this coming weekend. I am looking forward to catching up and hearing about their adventure first hand. Jay's pre-race report of the Powder Monkey race course sounds good - looking forward to a great day of mountain bike racing.

No comments: