Two weeks ago it was seriously frosty heading to work. By far the coldest weather of the winter with it being -20 degrees when I clicked into my pedals. It took me about 10 minutes longer due mainly to just holding an easy/steady pace. Burnt my cheeks a bit but no other major damage.
The weather is always a big topic around here and this winter continues to be splendid.
Had a fun time heading down to the northern suburbs of Minneapolis last weekend to whoop up on a couple of their swim teams. Fargo North was firing on all cylinders as a team and ended up winning the whole deal. Excellent facilities and people down there. It was a nice change from swimming in all of the local pools.
Ben and his friend Kelsie hanging outside watching the 2nd annual B-r-rrrrr winter bike race in Fargo last Sunday. Light wind, sunny skies and moderate temperatures - perfect day to be outside.
Matt Engen, Jeff Beck and me pre race waving the team Maplelag flag. I ride year round so racing in the winter is a treat. Over 70 racers of all levels participated.
I rode my Mukluk fat tire bike. I had an option to ride one of my mountain bikes but opted for the big tires and was glad I did. If you don't know, riding bikes is a big part of my life. Being able to participate and compete in events like this keep me humming. I am very lucky to have two boys who ride and a beautiful bride who supports not only a garage full of bikes but a world that rotates around riding them.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment