Matt and Ben had a swim meet Friday evening, but not Saturday so that left us with a whole day extra to deal with over the weekend. Some home repair projects and general maintenance were in order, the weather was beautiful so there was no excuse to not get things done.
Piper dog is up for some maintenance too that required the dome of shame. She is getting old, but sweet as ever and as dogs go has an excellent personality. She really has it made (which she should) and is enjoying her life. The dome does not even seem to bother her.
It was big time cold during the middle of last week. Kriston gave me a pair of Moose Mitts for my Mukluk and they made a ton of difference in keeping my hands warm. What I am trying to do is not have an excuse to not ride in the sub zero winter months. So far so good as I have ridden every day in 2012.
Sunday was wide open. I woke up and decided to attend the Church of Maplelag rather than the traditional Hope Lutheran. I was pleasantly surprised with the conditions. I went out to Twin Lakes trail and skied it three times in a row. Beautiful sunny skies and great skiing. As always, Jay Richard's is a master at using what he has to make the best conditions possible.
Jay has been grabbing the snow that the Zamboni scrapes off of the hockey rink in DL and bringing it home to Maplelag spreading it on the thin areas, now that is commitment.
Jake Richards, one of the top ranked high school skiers in MN joined me on the last leg of Sukkerbusk. Always good to catch up and hear what is going on in Jakes life. Jake is a senior at DL High and like Matt is in the process of deciding what school to attend next year.
I made it home early enough to grab another window of time and go for a bike ride. My goal was to start at Edgewood Golf course and ride the Red River bank on the ND side up to County road 20. There were some rough over grown sections, but I made it and then some. With the river being so low there is plenty of areas to ride. The fat tires and the right air pressure allow you to roll over most anything. Deer all over the place. I would push them north only to have them swing around and almost run into me as I kept riding. I am sure that not many people see this side of Fargo and only a mile from my front door.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment