I hope this message finds all who read it happy and healthy in the new year.
Everything went off without a hitch....a couple of days off on either end of the Holiday season was very much appreciated. Both Matt and Ben were in the pool training throughout the Christmas break so we did not leave town for a second. The snow did not cooperate so my skis are still leaning against the wall screaming to have some wax applied......its January 3rd, Maplelag has snow and what I have read on the Maplelag web page is that tracks are set. I owe Jay a call to discuss life and a ski report, I will get that done this week.
I added fenders and some upgrade parts to the Mukluk the last couple of weeks. I "borrowed" the fender idea from some dude on the MORC web page with a few added options of my own. In short, I cut a pair of 29er mountain bike fenders down the middle and added a light gauge 3" strip of galvanized metal to widen things out. Some pop rivets and zip ties and I am set.
Last Friday we were blessed with an inch of sloppy wet snow. I rode the Mukluk to work and loved how it handled in the snow. On the way home I crashed in front of the Fargodome the hardest I have crashed in a long time. I am talking full out yard sale including getting the wind knocked out of me and seeing stars. I am still not sure what happened other then I went down on my right side which I rarely do and had absolutely no time to catch my fall. My messenger bag must have deflated the air I had in my lungs. I was sitting on busy University Drive more or less with my bell rung. Once I got it back together, no damage done and I rode home. I can say that I was hurting throughout the day on Saturday....crashing sucks.
Monday afternoon Matt, Ben and the Engen's made our way out to Buffalo River State Park for some R and R. Burgers and hotdogs over the open fire does not get any better. It was cold but the wind was down and it was sunny. The Engen's are good people, fun to be around and we are like minded in many ways.
The Holidays treated the Wenzel's just fine. Now it is time to get to work and back to normal.
Last year at this time I would guess that I had over 100k of skiing under my belt. How things can differ in a year.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment