Lots of stuff going on...I have been whining about no snow to anyone who will listen so I am not going to even mention it.
The NDSU Bison have been whooping it up in the play offs. I was able to make it inside to watch the Bison win over James Madison. A win over Lehigh last week followed by a semi final game this coming weekend agains Georgia Southern. Matt and Ben have a swim meet so no chance I will see it up close and personal.
Ben and I have been riding the dikes up and around Oak Port Township. Unfortunately the last time we rode they added new signs that said no trespassing. I can understand the snowmobiles keeping off, but bikes rolling on the top? I am sure that I will be visited by a someone taking offense sooner or later.
The photo is poor quality, but you can get the idea of the seriously cool full lunar eclipse that I witnessed last Saturday morning. Mike Astrup, John Peterson, Tom Clow and myself started our Saturday long run at 6:10am. It was pitch black with a full moon in the clear western sky. We knew what was expected with the eclipse and watched things close. At 6:50am you could start seeing the earths shadow on the top part of the moon. We altered our route to get in the open and watch the whole deal. I was home at 7:40am and still had time to grab my camera and go catch this photo and watch the moon disappear completely before it dodged below the horizon. Impressive!
The Fargo North Swim Team had their first two swim meets this last weekend. Friday night we went up against Moorhead High at the Fargo North pool. Saturday there was a quad meet at West Fargo High. West Fargo is a huge school and has hands down the worst facility. 6 lanes, terrible seating, you can't hear anything with the bad acoustics. I could go on, but will leave it at that. WF has a strong team that will be tough to beat this year. Fargo North swam well as did both Matt and Ben - it is going to be a fun season.
Sunday the weather was unreal for December 11th. Matt Engen and Tom Heilman had some time and we headed over to Maplelag for not skiing but an MTB ride!
Matt and Tom on the single track next to Twin Lake. The ice was making all kinds of noise with the sun and warm air expanding things. Jay and Jake had blown the single track clean of leaves, conditions were just about perfect! December 11th! 41 degrees!
Good riding and some extra good BSing hanging out in the sun. Jay and Jake were on their way back from a ski race and were not able to join us, but thanks Richard's for the clearing and the use of your single track.
Tom making is look easy on one of the famous Maplelag lake side drops.
Matt at the bottom of the lakeside drop.
I have had excellent single track riding as late as Thanksgiving but never this good in the middle of December.
Christmas is two weeks away. Other then hanging some lights and watching Elf I have not done a damn thing to prepare for the big day. Kriston is really into Christmas and her boys are lacking in her same enthusiasm and will have to work on that.
Thats it. Cheers!
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment