Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter is Here!

Last week was a great week for winter weather if you are into that sort of thing and I am.  The Fargo area was burned on the big scheduled storm last Wednesday, but we did manage to pick up a solid 3" of snow on Friday afternoon.  I am always following up on the snow fall in and around the region.  Up on the Canadian boarder and beyond they are getting pounded.  NE MN is getting more then their share too.  I would say that overall, the tri-state area is all white.  The El Ninia trend is holding true to forecast.
I did get a chance to run up to Maplelag on Sunday with Craig Lemieux, Linda Cooper, Carbon John and Jon Weisgerber.  The conditions were not fast, but wow was it beautiful!  The trees were flocked with snow, the wind was still, the temperature was a perfect 15 degrees.  Check out the Maplelag web page for some of Jay's photos.

Kriston has an annual Christmas get together with a tight group of her high school friends.  It is cool how they have stayed close through all these years.  I know all of her friends and find it interesting how lives change yet stay the same.
From Left to right, Denise, Kriston, Debbie, Wendy, Kim, Jan, Mary and Mary.  I could have attempted their maiden names, but no way could have hit their married names.

A year ago today I was on my way to Mount Orizaba down in Mexico.  Staying close to home this year,  not sure what the next adventure will be.
On top of Mexico, the third highest peak in N. America at 18,500 feet.  From left, Tom TC Clow, Tom Smith, Troy Ivesdal, Al Kraft, me, Kent Throlson and Rory Biel.  A good group of friends, what a great trip!

No comments: