Monday, December 13, 2010

I did not make my way up to Maplelag this weekend due to just to many things going on.  It was butt cold, but of course my friends that did make the trip to Maplelag on Sunday had to call and say "you don't even want to know how good it was".  Thanks, just what I needed to hear.  Well, I was able to get some things done at home, take a break and go 5 minutes from my back door to Edgewood for my favorite local ski loop.  The photo above is the first 500 meters from the entrance, I was bummed, the conditions were crap.
As I made my way deeper into the loop I could see that the park district groomer had been busy. The photo above is the groomed section of the loop.  It was -7 degrees F and unbelievably fast.  I applied Polar wax for the conditions and started flying.
Until I arrived here.  The Red River is to the left.  Not sure if this section was under water late last fall, but there were a bunch of ball slapping tree saplings in the way.  I am way to spoiled skiing at Maplelag. I am not bitching, but the Fargo Park guys are not skiers and pulling the groomer through this stuff is a bit crazy.  I have a job for Craig Lemieux and a pair of pruning shears.  The park district guys typically do a great job and I do appreciate their efforts.
I finally got a new camera so I am back to taking a lot better photos.  A cool Sony "tough" camera.  The literature claims water proof to 3M, dust proof, shock proof and freeze proof down to 14 degrees F.  I am on my third digital so I am hoping for some results.  Lots of options so it will take me a couple of outings to get the hang of it.
Self portrait, all frosted up.  Nice and crisp - perfect!  Remember, no bad weather just bad gear.  If you are dressed correctly you can venture out in most anything.
Is this Benny?  Matt and Ben are in full time swim season mode with back to back meets this last weekend.  Ben had a goal of earning a high school letter his first event of the 2010 season and met that goal.  Way to go Ben!  Matt swam strong and is becoming the go to guy for the 100 Fly.  It is going to be an intense/great season!

No comments: