Sunday, January 18, 2009

This was definitely an action packed weekend. My vote is that all weekends are a minimum of 3 days!

Friday I did not even make it home from the office and went straight to Fargo South High School for a swim meet. Very competitive but South came out on top. Matt swam well, dropping 3 seconds in his 500 free, narrowly missing his goal of 5:30 - he will get it next time.
Saturday morning I ran short with Mike Astrup, relaxed for a couple of hours and then was off to the Fargo Parks Winter Blast ski race up at Edgewood. A short 5K classic race that is always a fun event. There were a couple of young college guys that put the hurt on me from the second the gun went off. One kid double poled the whole race! My heart rate topped out at 165 but stayed there for the whole 17 minute race - tough! The warmer weather was nice for a change and the course was fast. I ended up 4th overall out of 35 skiers - I was the fastest of the old guys which is a good thing.
Saturday afternoon Fargo North hosted Mandan for another swim meet. North took a whooping big time! Mandan has a strong team and the score showed. Matt was tired. He dropped time in the 100 Fly but added time in the 500 Free so his goal of 5:30 will have to wait until this coming weekend.
Kriston and Ben headed up to Grand Forks for a Gator Club swim meet and were spending the night - Ben qualified for the State meet in 4 events! Nice work Benny!
Saturday night, the AC/DC show at the Fargo Dome. 21,700 people piled into the dome. From what I could tell, everyone was pleased with the show and had a blast.
Dick Fisher offered up tickets that I could not pass up. We had an excellent time! I saw AC/DC with Kriston back in 2001. They were awesome then and in my opinion even better today.
The stage from our seats. The photo does not really do justice. We had great seats. Show lasted 2 hours - we did not sit down once.
6:00am Sunday morning, swim mom, Tracy Roche picked me up and we were off to Grand Forks to meet Kriston for the second day of Ben's swim meet. Per the photo, Ben was in lane 4, got second place in the 50 free. Long day for sure. Some events had 16 heats which is very painful to sit through if you do not have a kid swimming in that event. You support the team, but it is hard to stay focused. Kriston sat there for two days - she is a trooper.
We rolled in the driveway at 4:00pm and I was able to ski 15K up at Edgewood - really fast!
There, sorry for the play by play, but I wanted to document all that took place so that I do not forget - Cheers!

No comments: