Sunday, January 25, 2009

Seriously sweet Land Rover rolling down I94 East. Plates were from Washington State which probably means that this vehicle actually was driven like it was designed - out in the bush. Very cool.
The Fargo North Spartan Swim Team had two meets down by Minneapolis. Friday night against the Buffalo MN Bison in which the Spartans won by 12 points. Saturday morning dual against the Albertville/St. Micheal team in only their first year of competing. The Spartans beat them handily as they are a young up and coming team. It was a good deal for the team to win back to back meets - you could see the moral boost right away.
Matt finished for the day - he swam well in both meets adding value to the teams total points. He is still shooting for that 5:30 500 freestyle but did manage to qualify for the state meet in the 200 IM.
Lots of good families associated with the Spartan Swim Team. The families tend to stick together as their sons swim from 7th grade through 12th. There are a number of families like us that will have two boys on the team at once that also extends your yearly commitments. It is all good.
Super cold today, so I opted out of driving to Maplelag to ski - just too much to do in Fargo. The cold did not stop us from being outside. The boys and I cleaned the snow off of my Dads roof.
Matt working at scraping my Dads driveway down to the cement. Ben removed all of the snow off of Grandmas deck.
The finished project after two hours of labor out in the fresh/cold air.
I was able to talk Craig Lemieux into an afternoon ski up at Edgewood. Considering how cold it is the conditions were not bad at all. After we were warmed up we could have skied for hours. A bit bummed that we did not go to Maplelag, but I did get my project list done.
Between working at my Mom and Dad's, skiing and removing the snow off of my own roof I logged over 5 hours outside!
Craig was down in Minneapolis this weekend visiting Paige (who plays hockey for Bethal) and Pat who sold me his green 2008 Salsa Chili Con Crosso cyclocross frame set. Buying that Salsa is like buying a piece of history as Pat won the 2008 MN State Cyclocross Championships on that frame - I am honored! With Matt growing like a weed, I need to up size his bikes. The white Trek X02 is a warranty frame from last summer. Two big boy CX framesets. If you are interested, shoot me an offer, I would be willing to sell one or the other.

No comments: