Sunday, November 30, 2008

Making the Most of It

Kevin Fitz had three tickets to the Fargo Force hockey game Saturday night. I had not seen the new Urban Plains hockey center and took him up on his offer. Kriston was not interested and Matt had plans with Jake so I invited Skip Fisher along - he gladly accepted. Thanks to Kevin for his generosity.
As I have mentioned in the past, I am not versed in the sport of hockey. I twenty questioned Skip and learned a lot about the game. The Force whooped up on Sioux Falls, 5 - 1, over 4500 in attendance. Top rate facility, we had a great time and will definitely go back.
Will forever want to drive one......
The shuttle system to and from the UP Center went off like a well oiled machine. We parked the F1 at the Anderson Softball Complex and were in and out in no time.
We took Jake back to Maplelag this afternoon. Matt wanted to skate a bit before we headed back so they strapped on the skates and were out for over an hour hitting pucks back and forth. The ice was still in top condition which made for tough walking for Piper the dog. She loved being on the ice, but could not run very fast.
Jay and Jonell Richard's (Jakes Mom and Dad) are off to Mexico for the week. I ran with the North Fargo guys this morning and eventually made my way to the airport to pick-up their vehicle. Looking forward to hearing about their trip.
Met my goal of running 30 miles this weekend. 3, 10 mile runs was perfect training, but I bet I ate more calories over the weekend then I burned - will work on that this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve-
We made it across the plains and arrived in PR about 4 a.m. Mon morn. (if we knew where you lived in Fargo we may have stoppd over for some zzzz's!)Skating at Maplelag looks like fun! We need to make a plan on meeting up and doing some skiing this winter!
Chow-
Ellefson