Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random

Back in August I posted that on our trip to Montana my Vasque Super Hiker II's disintegrated when I was out in the middle of no where. In short I was feeling sorry for myself. When I got home I jumped on the Vasque web page, hit "contact us" and wrote an email explaining my situation. The next day, I received a response from Red Wing Shoe Company down in southern MN (Red Wing is the parent company of Vasque). The email informed me that the warranty was originally one year but that it was their disgression on repair or replacement and that if I wanted I should send the boots in. Typically, in a situation like this I would have procrastinated and never taken care of it, but this time I did. I kind of cleaned the boots, packed them neatly in a box along with an explanation and more or less forgot about it. Today I came home and there is a brand new pair of Vasque Wasatch GTX boots sitting on my front porch! Sa Weeeeet! Vasque/Red Wing is a stand up company that extended their warranty way outside of its limits and made me a very happy customer.
Check this photo out......Kriston HATES the F150 and I mean HATES it, but look what she is doing! And there is no Voodoo in this photo. She even cleaned the tires. I really think that deep down she appreciates the F1 and wishes she could use it as her daily driver. What a sweet heart! Like with Vasque, Kriston went beyond the call of duty. Thanks!

No comments: