This is the George Washington memorial as looked at from the World War II Memorial. It was a beautiful night after the rain passed through.
The Abraham Lincoln Memorial is quite a sight to see, especially when it is sunset and it reflects off the water. We actually went into the memorial later in the trip but for right now it is just the outside that we get to look at.
This is Gary, he is quite the fellow. He has been sitting at the John Lennon memorial in New York city for the past 15 years. Every day he decorates the "Imagine" mosaic with a different peace sign, because he wants to fulfill John Lennon's philosophy of world peace. Our tour guide said that he has never seen Gary when he isn't stoned on marijuana. But he is an all around good guy, a hippy, but a good guy.
This is by far the saddest part of the trip. This i-beam is the last piece that the workers took out of the wreckage of 911 it is in the shape of a cross and is a memorial to all.This sign is welded onto the cross above. The message is very deep.
My friends and I at Ellis Island with downtown Manhattan as the backdrop. It is beautiful to look at, and a beautiful day as well.
Right here I am trying to be the statue of liberty, but I have the biggest brain freeze ever and I am making a funny face. But I still like this picture.
This trip is one of the funnest I have ever had, even with all the awesome Wenzel trips that we had. It was just a good experience to actually go to all the tourist sites. The Wenzels don't ever really do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment