Monday, September 10, 2012

Wow, Need to Catch Up

Spring and Summer 2012 have come and gone since my last post.  I could go on and on about my reasoning for not posting, but will skip that and roll right to a brief update of what has been going on with the Wenzel's since April 10......
Matt got it done!  Fargo North graduation class of 2012.  Lots of fancy stuff hanging on his hat and around his neck for being such a smart guy.  Kriston, Ben and I are super proud.

As usual, lots of racing and chasing all over the place for all of us.  The typical events that we have participated for years only get better as the boys get older and faster then their Dad.  Of course Kriston continues to support in more ways then even possible to explain.
Connor Hoff, Matt and Kriston cheering Ben on in the Jamestown Xterra event in June.  Both Matt and Ben participated.  It was cool to hang out and be a cheer leader.  Anytime water is involved I pass.  I was able to ride the Epic MTB event the next day - Jamestown is an excellent venue!
Matt, Ben and I had a serious backpack trip in July out to the Beartooth Mountains SW of Billings.  We hiked the "Beaten Path" 26 mile point to point trip starting at the East Rosebud trail head and finished up in Cooke City.  The boys and I have done a lot of sweet trips but this one was on the top of the list.  Again, both boys are strong and fit.  We kept a solid pace for 3 days straight and enjoyed absolutely every step.  I could not ask for better hiking companions!
Scenery does not get any better then this!!
Water fall right in the Griffins backyard - Cooke City, MT - man do I love that part of the world!
3rd week of August we hauled Matt to college.  Matt is enrolled in the Civil Engineering program at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology in Rapid City, SD.  Kriston and I were required to go to an orientation before classes started and learned that Matt was in the right place.  We are proud of him and know that he will succeed.  Send Matt an email: matthew.wenzel@mines.sdsmt.edu
Loose a kid, gained a kid.  Right before Matt left, we welcomed a foreign exchange student to our house!  Gabriela Pretto joined us from Brazil and will spend the last half of 2012 with us.  She is a senior at Fargo North.  Other then Kriston and Piper we are a house of boys....Gabi is a welcome addition and has already taught us tons about her culture.  She is a smart, enthusiastic person and a pleasure to have in our home. Welcome Gabi!
 A Labor Day weekend would not be complete without the annual Laddies Loppet MTB Stage Race.  Ben participated in all three races this year and killed it!  Look at all of Ben's hair!
Ben is a sophomore at Fargo North in 2012.  He is running cross country and will be swimming his third year for the swim team this winter.  Ben is now taller then me, drives and is still the most social guy I know.  

I know I sound like a broken record, but Kriston is still taking care of us like a true professional.  Not sure how she finds the time to juggle all of our crap and still find time to take cookies over to the neighbors.  We are blessed.

So, a quick update and per Matt's request I will post on hopefully a weekly basis.....cheers!

No comments: