Another busy week with all kinds of stuff happening. Between work, play, family stuff and everything in between I am not sure where all of the time goes.
This is what Matt is up to. Being the "M" for the "Mines"during a home football game. From what we know based on text messages and the occasional phone call, Matt is doing well. I would go so far as to say he is having a blast. Check out the school web page - click HERE.
Friend Adam Bergman sent me this photo - figured Walter White was in Fargo. I am not a TV guy, but Kriston and I love Breaking Bad......can't wait for the last episodes.
Ben made his way down to Apple Valley last weekend with the Fargo North Cross Country team. Kriston and I failed as parents and missed the trip but from reports, Ben ran well with the Minneapolis schools. Ben has to miss a meet this weekend up at Willmar, MN on account of his confirmation details at Hope Lutheran. It is crazy, but the CC season is half over!
Gabi was up in Bemidji, MN this last weekend with her Rotary Group. Saturday morning it dropped below freezing and the grass was white with frost. Gabi thought it was snow.....wow, it ought to really be cool when we really get a dump of fresh powder, she will love it!
I raced my last MTB race of the season down in St. Cloud this last Sunday. The Comp class has a prologue section at the start of the race. I hammered it on the ski trails and up a steep hill to get into the single track in front of a group of other riders. Of course you can't slow down the crew you just passed so I was into the first section way too hot. Not sure what happened, but I went flying off my bike into a pile of trees, jumped back on but my seat was twisted to the left. Thought I could straighten it out by smacking it with my left thigh, but no luck. So, I dis mounted, pulled out my allen wrenches and straighten it. All of this as other racers were flying by. Jumped on again and my seat was an inch too low. Off again, and re-adjusted....back on the trail, went another 100 yards and crashed again!!! Amateur hour??? I have raced clean all season, I must not have been firing on all cylinders.
No real damage to me or my bike other then the contusion shown above.
I was able to get my groove on by the middle of the first lap and rode clean and fast the second lap. Caught some people but my results were poor at best. I still had a blast and enjoyed the beautiful day.
Great job to Kia, Ben and their crew for throwing a great event.
All results all classes - click HERE
Recently lost a good guy, Rodney Garden, Jonell Richard's Dad - great Husband, Dad, Grandpa and Friend to many. Read Jay's tribute HERE.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment