Sunday, May 2, 2010

Two weeks in a row of gloomy weather which I guess is all good considering the excellent March weather that we had.  Typical week of work, track meets, working on the house and overall just trying to get things done and making ourselves useful. 
Today is Sunday.  I told myself earlier in the week that I was looking for a whole day off from exercise, no running, biking or even walking.  I needed complete rest.  The day has turned into the evening and I got it done, nothing, even worked in a short nap which never happens unless Kriston is driving me home from a race, nice!

Benny has been wanting to turn his Giant Brass into a single speed since he got the bike last summer.  Ben did the research for the parts and what was required.  The parts came in and less then a half hour of labor and we were done.  Ratio is just about perfect and Ben is happy other then he wants the front brake  taken off for some reason, maybe, but probably not as brakes are a good thing.
Matt waiting in line for his leg of the 4 x 800 relay up in Grand Forks on Saturday afternoon.  Matt is really liking track and is learning more at every meet.  I really enjoy watching all of the kids rip around the track because I hit the track once a week for intervals which makes me appreciate the speed in which these kids are running.  Matt is running an 800 in and around 2:20.  I do my 800 intervals in the 2:55's.
Smooth hand off.  It is cool to hear Matt's play by play of each event.  Matt is understanding the importance of a good race that will eventually help him in all his other sports.
Ben has a meet this Tuesday in Fargo.  Really fun to watch him throw the shot as he gets into it big time and has great form.  Photos from the meet this week.

No comments: