Monday, September 7, 2009

Laddies Loppet - Great Weekend!

Laddies Loppet, 2009 day two cross country events. Excellent conditions with the weather and the course being in perfect condition as well, nice work Richard's.
Photo courtesy of Bruce Adelsman at Skinnyski.com. My camera was in my jersey pocket the whole race. Had intentions of giving it to Kriston but it never happened, anyway, Matt and I were lucky enough to get a call up to the front based on our results in the TT and short track. Helped greatly as the first section of single track is only about a 1/2 mile out. It can be a major bottle neck if your aren't close to the front.
Another Skinnyski photo - Matt rolling the second major section of single track.
The last Skinnyski photo - thanks again Bruce! I am in the same section as Matt in the photo above. I used my new full suspension Kona and am very happy with how it pounds the single track. I added some air to both shocks to firm things up a bit and it worked perfect. The double squish is a big plus when hitting the roots and rocks in the trail. I have a lot more traction and am not jarred around like I am on my rigid Gunnar. Again, check out the Adelsman web page for all the results.
Overall, we had a great weekend! The weather was fine, the racing better, Kriston got to relax and hang out with old friends, the boys had a blast doing what boys do and we got to ride bikes all weekend! What could be better.
Deb the head chef at Maplelag is always taking care of me when I up to ski or bike. Both Deb and Carleen spoil me rotten with extra goodies from the kitchen. I have a weakness for pie crust with cinnamon sugar. Deb will know that I am coming and send me home with a care package of crust or pitter patter brownies - yum! Good people and even better friends!
Make sure to say "hi" to the kitchen staff at Maplelag if you are in the area - the best food anywhere - period!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Tom Clow said...

Sweet pix from Maplelag!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the results!!

Unknown said...

Steve I have:
27.2 X 330 = Seat
0 X 110 X 31.8 Stem
5 X 110 X 25.4 Stem

Jay Richards said...

Nice recaps Steve. Thanks for all your help taking down the fencing and what not.