Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jamestown

Informal group ride out on the Jamestown trail system on Saturday afternoon. I opted not to run the Dick Beardsley 1/2 marathon in Detroit Lakes this year which was weird as I have ran it for the last 10 years at least. Not sure why, I am in running shape, but the ride option in Jamestown came up and I decided with the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival to look forward to this weekend I would get some saddle time in on my mountain bike. There were 8 of us total, 4 from Fargo, 4 from Jamestown, a good group.
Beautiful trails in and out of the valley's around Pipestem Dam, North of the city of Jamestown. We rode the Pipestem trail that is a tough 8 miles, never a break. Not sure if I like the flow of the whole deal but it was a great work out regardless.
The Pipestem reservoir. Matt swam in this last July for the off road triathlon that he participated in. Great views all along the North Ridge Trail, 5 miles out and back.
Total for the day was 18 miles of off road. Great weather and overall good day!

No comments: