Saturday, September 5, 2009

Laddies Loppet, 2009 - Day 1

Labor Day weekend at Maplelag for the 19th Annual Laddies Loppet Mountain Bike Stage Race. The Wenzel's have been here for every year in one form or another. This year the weather is scheduled to be warm and windy, but no rain is in the forecast! Jay and company have the course in perfect condition! As usual, organization and hospitality are top notch!
Saturdays events are the TT in the morning with Short Track in the afternoon. Check out Skinnyski for all of the results. I raced the Sport Class with Matt today which was awesome! Nothing better then racing neck and neck with your son.
Wow, look at the beautiful ladies I am hanging around with! Kriston and Jonell are always out cheering on the racers.
Benny didn't race today, but he brought his new jump bike and has been hitting the BMX track with all of the other big air jumpers. I try to keep my distance due to the fact that what I do not know is probably better.
Long story short - Matt's previous Salsa developed a problem with the head tube which required a warranty frame set. The frame arrived Friday at Paramount Sports. Craig Benson faced the head tube and bottom bracket and I assembled as much as possible before leaving. When we arrived at Maplelag we finished, tested, tightened and shazam - Matt is sporting a sweet new ride! A thanks goes out to Pmount for going above the call of duty to do the deal.
When I first heard this noise maker without seeing it I thought that one of the racers threw a chain in the spokes. I need one! Loud and noisy and in my opinion better then a cowbell.
Looking forward to the cross country events tomorrow. More to post when the racing is over. Keep the rubber side down!

No comments: