One of those weekends where you are rocking and rolling from one minute to the next.
It all started Friday evening with the Fargo North Boys CC team pasta feed dinner in preparation of the State CC meet in Jamestown Saturday morning.
The cross country meet did not start until 2 in the afternoon Saturday which gave me plenty of time to partake in the Saturday morning long run from the Y downtown Fargo. In the photo, TC and Brian Z. We ran an even 10 miles with all but one mile faster then the previous with the last mile being a 6:49. I have been running with this group for years and can appreciate the push that they give and of course the good conversation.
2010 ND State Cross Country Meet at the Hillcrest Golf Course in Jamestown, ND. If you have never been to a CC meet I highly suggest it. As a runner I totally enjoy watching these kids rip it up over the course.
Sorry for the size of the photo, I snagged it off of Facebook. Tracy Roche took it after Matt's race, but you get the idea.
Click here for the whole report in the Fargo Forum. Overall great conditions for a race, tons of spectators and an excellent way to finish off the 2010 season. It was so cool to see both Matt and Ben improve over the season. I would have never thought Ben would have had such a great time but he had a blast and evolved into another Wenzel runner!
After returning home from the meet in Jamestown Kriston and I made our way to Tom and Tracy Clow's for Tom's 50th BD party. A lot of people that we had not seen in awhile which is always nice. Tom and Tracy are great hosts - hope TC had a good day!
Sunday morning it was still dark when Matt, Ben and I piled into Chad Weisgram's truck for the Green Acres cyclocross race NE of Mpls at Lake Elmo. It was my first real race of the season which is bitter sweet, but I was looking forward to a fun event. Matt and Ben did not race, but were overall race support.
It was good to see all of the racers that I have gotten to know over the years. Ron Williams from Duluth who is leading the pack in class 3 points this year, Rob Belz fellow CO traveler, Matt Engens brother and another CO traveler Mark, Pat Lemieux, Adam Bergman, Bill Schuster, all the Fargo guys including Linda LC Cooper who won the women's class 3 race, John Struchy who is hammering the pedals this fall, Asa from IPC who won the B class race and numerous other people who have become good friends over the years of racing in the the Midwest.
Pounding out that long run on Saturday morning did not help the cause of ripping out 45 minutes of high output at a cross race but man did I have fun. The course was really tough with false flats, a big climb, a technical off camber down hill and a sweet dismount climb that made the legs burn before you hit a long section of 6" deep chocolate cake batter. Would have been nice to show you some photos but I don't have any, sorry My chest is still hurting from the effort!
We had to roll before the A race but Pat Lemieux took the overall win on what was to be his 24th birthday. Nice job Pat!
Made it home in time to sit down and watch the Vikings/Packer football game....yeah right, I was asleep in my Lazyboy 10 minutes after I sat down.
See I told you it was a busy weekend. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment