Busy weekend and it was nice to not travel too far from home.
Saturday AM Kriston and I made our way up to Maplelag for the (I'm not sure how many years it's gone on) annual Pumpkin Run. Jay organizes a trail run on the ski trails of Maplelag that flat out kicks my butt every time I participate.
You can opt for a 4k or two times around 8k. If you do the 8k you are blessed with pounding the hills including the famous Suicide Hill twice. There was one section on the second loop that I almost stopped and took a break. I said "almost" because the #1 women was coming quick and I had to keep pushing to finish. The photo above was taken by Jay and posted on Skinnyski.com. Check out Skinnyski or Maplelag for all the results.
We left Maplelag in time to catch the ND Eastern Dakota Cross Country race held in MN this year. Both Matt and Ben were competing for Fargo North High. The photo above is the start of the Varsity Boys 5k. Matt ran an 18:55 in the heat in which he was happy. Ben ran the Middle School 3k and took 7th place overall! You could tell that the heat was putting the hurt on the runners. It is into the second week of October, time to cool off.
Sunday was a day to get things done at home. The whole family was around and the weather cooperated quit nicely. Vehicles washed, yard mowed and a bike ride to seal off the day. The boys and I used Kriston's hair dryer to remove all the decals and pin stripping off of my pick-up. Looks stealthy now.
Have a good week.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment