Matt went to a new format this year in using wall forms that he rented locally. Wrapped in plastic with a couple of bags at the base and all is well. Apparently a proven method that looks good to me. In addition, they will use thousands of bags less then last year.
The inside of the wall using boards to support the structure.
To throw some numbers out, the Red River is forecast to top out at 36 - 39 feet sometime this coming weekend. The base of Matt's house is at 38 feet. The top of the sandbags in front of the the wall are at 40 feet. The numbers are all relative, but I think the Engen's are set.
I was out throwing sandbags with Craig Lemieux this afternoon. On our way South we wanted to see how much water was in the fields. Directly South of Fargo the fields are empty. Craig and I are by no means experts but we are not seeing that the river is going to get to the fore casted level. Hopefully we are right...
No comments:
Post a Comment