Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jay Richards and I are always trading weather information back and forth. When I was at Maplelag on Sunday I asked Jay what he thought of the big storm system that was heading to our area from the south west part of the country. Jay said that all of the weather models showed nothing but green as the storm moved north. Jay hit it right on the nose as that is all that we have had since Sunday night - rain. The weather guys were teasing us with the hopes of 4 - 6 inches of snow following the rain but it looks like that will not happen. All of the advisories and watches are cancelled and we are sitting in the middle of February with a gloomy outlook for fresh snow.
Skiing in Fargo is DONE, at least for the near future. I have lake Wenzel in front of my house because the drain on the corner has not opened up. There is a temperature difference of over 50 degrees from last Tuesday at this time. This morning I ran 10k in a steady rain! Interesting weather patterns that's for sure.
Pulled this photo from the archives - hiking in the Smokey Hills , fall of 2004. Good memories for sure. Matt and Ben like to mark our parking spot with the GPS and then go bush whacking through the forest using the GPS to find our way back. We have even pulled that stunt in the dark.

1 comment:

Pink Miles said...

Those are some fine looking Wenzels...but you need more photos with Kriston, who puts up with all you boys ;-)

Tracy