HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Always a great day at our house. Kriston spoils us rotten 364 days a year so this is one day that she gets to do whatever she wants with her main objective for the day being reading a book and relaxing. The Wenzel boys are lucky to have a MOM that cares so much about us, really. Kriston is the type of person who truly loves to make people happy. We are blessed!
It has been awhile since I have posted. No real reason other than life is busy and I do not want to bore anyone with everyday crap that we are all associated with and that others could care less to read about.
Last weekend, April 30 Matt and Connor Hoff had prom at Fargo North High. Matt is like me, not that that is a good thing but he was not too caught up in the formality of the whole deal.
Connar and Matt looked pro. I know that Matt had a good time dressing up and spending a great evening with Connar and all of their friends.
A big crew. Matt has grown up with most of these people.
Formal dinner, grand march, dance, post prom and then the whole posse came over to our house to crash and have breakfast the next morning - wheew! You hear all the time how shitty kids have become. Not with this group. What a great bunch of kids!
Time is flying. Only a couple of weeks left of this school year.
It is Mothers Day and Kriston gave us a green pass to go mountain biking up to Paul Bunyan State Forest. I think that was part of the plan for Kriston to be guaranteed some peace and quite without us being in the house.
We left early this morning and were home by 2:00 which gave us an excellent afternoon with Mom!
Jeremy Dirk (fellow Team Maplelag rider), Ben and Matt at the trail head. Raining in Fargo but not in the forest. The conditions could not have been better. Cool temps, light wind and the best deal of all is that it is too early for the deer flies.
Matt with a smile on his face induced by some of the best single track in the mid west. Seriously, the riding in Paul Bunyan is that good. You let me know if you want a tour. I have been riding here for over 20 years and know my way around.
I have a happy face too. How could I not be happy? I have my two boys riding bike with me on some technical single track in the middle of the forest. I have seen grown men cry trying to ride this stuff. My boys ride it like they have been doing it all their life....oh yeah, they have been.
Have a good week.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment