One more weekend of swimming and we are done until at least the middle of this summer. Matt and Ben are swimming in the State Club Short Course meet out in Bismarck this coming weekend. Both are off of their high school training taper and ready to go. Should be an interesting meet. The facility in Bismarck is by far the best in the state and from what I hear a fast pool that is fun to compete in.
For this week at least it appears that Spring has sprung. I have been commuting to and from work both yesterday and today. It is hard to explain how nice the relatively warm temps are to ride in. I have been battling cold and ice for months, it is good to know that the end is almost near.
Pulled a photo from the archives taken back in March, 2006. Matt would have been 11, Ben 9. Crazy how much they have grown as Matt is now over an inch taller then me and Ben is not far behind. In addition, I would say that Matt could whoop me on skis now too.
We took a trip up to Canada to the James Lake Provincial park and skied about 10k to a cabin. Had a blast sitting around in our underwear because we stocked the fire so hot that it was like a sauna. Great memories.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment