9 days ago I went in for day surgery to get the bad veins on my right leg taken care of. Going into it I knew that I was going to be hanging way below the radar for over a week. Sure, I should have done this in February, not when the weather is primo and I am training for some big races at the end of the summer, but this is when it worked out. When is the perfect time?????
So, Friday June 18 I went to Meritcare and got things taken care of. The doc gave me a list of instructions and promptly handed it over to Kriston to make sure that I was following orders. In short, "no strenuous exercise for 7 days".
Had to wear a compression sock for 48 hours straight followed by daily wear for two weeks.
Leg is nice and smooth now and no pain or pressure from the veins.
Ran long for the first time today (Sunday). Consistent pace for 1 hour with hot humid weather made for a tough adventure but I am seriously glad to be back out there. No speed work for another week, but I plan on cranking my HR up on the bike.
Appointment with the doc again at the end of the week. Hopefully he gives me the green light for all activities.
Matt is still in Europe, Germany this week, coming home late Thursday night.
Ben and I have done a lot of hanging out. Taking long bike rides and generally enjoying summer.
Lots of racing this weekend. Check out Skinnyski.com for all the stories and results.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment