Monday, August 25, 2008

Low Key...

A low key weekend for sure. Kriston went to Wisconsin for the RAGNAR event while the boys and I stayed home and "chilled" most of the weekend.
I ran the Barnesville Potato Days 10k on Saturday morning. The course went through residential Barnesville and out on a gravel road for a couple of kilometers. I felt strong the whole race and finished with a season best 40:00.89, just a couple of hundreds away from going over 40 minutes, but I made it.

A friend of mine, Matt Meyer was going to take his Jeep to the annual Horace Bean Days Mud Run. Wow, what a deal that was. The boys and I made our way out there and stayed for two hours before we could not take it any more and had to leave. We never did see Matt try it, but heard that he got stuck and did not make it through. I also heard that the fast "pro" guys were good to watch. Lots of beer drinking and what not sitting out in a bean field made for an interesting event. I am sure that the boys will remember that for awhile, or will they?
Saturday evening eating pizza out at the airport. We did not see a single airplane take off or land while we were there but it did not matter as it was a beautiful evening. We have used this picnic table a number of times, close to home and it is always cool to see the planes land or take off.
Sunday afternoon at the cyclocross race track in Moorhead. We met Struchy, Danno and Jason for a couple of hot laps. The course is new this year and setting up nicely. It will help to have as many people as possible ride on it to "buff" it in.

Kriston returned Sunday evening from her running adventure. I will work on her to post her experience.

No comments: